Richard Hoagland: Time Has Come for Conflict Parties to Take Steps to Boost Confidence
The time has come for the Nagorno Karabakh conflict parties to take steps to boost confidence, U.S. co-chair of the OSCE Minsk Group Richard Hoagland said in an interview to the Armenian and Azerbaijani services of “Voice of America” radio, APA reported.
He expressed hope that certain steps will be taken in this direction in near future. “I understand that it is difficult to talk about full demilitarization at the moment. However, we need to reduce the likelihood of military clashes. First of all, it is necessary to withdraw snipers from the contact line and the border zone, increase the number of observers and deploy special equipment there. If two armed sides are facing each other, there is always the likelihood of military clashes”, said the U.S. co-chair.
- Turkish - Armenian Relations
- American Academicians' Declaration (May 19, 1985)
- Turkish diplomats killed by armenian terrorists
- Questions and Answers
- Western perception towards the issue
- How the armenian issue came about?
- Armenian Terror
- What is the Armenian Problem?
- Armenian-Azerbaijan Conflict
- So Called Armenian Genocide
- Karabakh Conflict
- Khojaly Massacre
- Book Reviews