Karabakh Conflict – Major Threat To Regional Stability: Azerbaijani Defense Minister
Azerbaijan’s Defense Minister Colonel General Zakir Hasanov on Thursday met with Chief of the General Staff of Russia’s Armed Forces Army General Valery Gerasimov.
Touching upon the regional situation, Hasanov said the Armenia-Azerbaijan Nagorno-Karabakh conflict remains a major threat to regional stability and underlined the importance of resolving the conflict in line with the norms of international law.
Army Gen. Gerasimov in turn noted that Russia-Azerbaijan ties are based on historical roots, and Russia is an important partner of Azerbaijan.
He stressed the importance of meetings of high-ranking military officials in terms of strengthening bilateral relations as well as the military and military-technical cooperation.
The top Russian military official expressed his deep gratitude to the Azerbaijani leadership for hospitality and organizing his bilateral meeting with Chairman of the US Joint Chiefs of Staff General Joseph Dunford in Baku.
- Turkish - Armenian Relations
- American Academicians' Declaration (May 19, 1985)
- Turkish diplomats killed by armenian terrorists
- Questions and Answers
- Western perception towards the issue
- How the armenian issue came about?
- Armenian Terror
- What is the Armenian Problem?
- Armenian-Azerbaijan Conflict
- So Called Armenian Genocide
- Karabakh Conflict
- Khojaly Massacre
- Book Reviews